We focus on assets where with research we can gain a good understanding of cash flow expectations. Typically those assets provide secure, predictable, inflation linked cash flows over the long term.
Differentiated Investment Approach
CP2 focuses on assets where with research we can gain a good understanding of cash flow expectations. Typically those assets provide secure, predictable, inflation linked cash flows over the long term
Infrastructure assets often have attractive investment characteristics, but can be more complex than initially perceived. Where there has been insufficient research or assessment of the risks some investors have incurred sub-par performance or even lost all of their capital in this “low risk” sector.
CP2 acts differently to other fund managers by:
- Investing where we find the best relative value, whether on listed markets or in unlisted opportunities; and
- Aiming to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns (including adjustments to our hurdle rate for financial risk).
CP2 seeks assets with the following characteristics:
- Provide an economic benefit to society;
- Predictable cash flows;
- Demonstrated pricing power and pricing regulation; and
- Strong property rights and legal framework
CP2 employs a research-intensive, highly disciplined approach to investment. We have internal capability across the full life of each investment. CP2 is distinguished by its rigorous investment analysis, robust transaction structuring and execution, emphasis on effective governance and a focus on enhancement of value through operational excellence. This approach is designed to produce the best possible risk-adjusted returns for our clients.